Blog Description

The Penny Pinch follows my journey to save money here and there. There will be posts about using coupons and my shopping trips with them, DIY products and projects, and any other money saving tips I discover. There is nothing wrong with trying to pinch a few pennies!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Easy 2 Ingredient Cake


This is a SUPER easy cake that only takes two ingredients, ice cream and flour!  Yes that is right, ice cream.  And because ice cream comes in so many flavors the possibilities are endless.  The consistency is more like a thick pancake but still its a super simple alternative to regular.  I served it with more of the ice cream I used to make it.  I choose cookies and creme flavor for my first try and it was delicious.  I imagine some hot fudge, caramel, or fruit syrups would have made this even better.

First you need 1 1/2 Cups of Self Rising Flour.  It needs to be the self rising flour so that it will have some cake like texture, otherwise you will just get a very dense brick.  Second you need 2 cups of softened ice cream.  I let mine sit for about 20 minutes so it would be easy to mix with the flour.  You need some type of pot that has a lid.  I used the amazing Pampered Chef Round Covered Baker.  It is part of their stoneware line, which I am a huge fan of all the whole collection.



Mix the ice cream and flour together. You will end up with a thick batter that almost looks like muffin batter.  Grease the pan as this cake will stick otherwise.



Bake for 30 minutes with cover on and 10 minutes with it off.  Now you may be able to experiment with other pans and no cover with less time.  Just remember this is a denser cake than a typical birthday cake.  But as I said I can totally imagine it covered with some chocolate syrup or ganache and sliced up with a side of ice cream.  It is a perfect size for 4-6 slices.  Enjoy and comment below with flavor combination ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment