Blog Description

The Penny Pinch follows my journey to save money here and there. There will be posts about using coupons and my shopping trips with them, DIY products and projects, and any other money saving tips I discover. There is nothing wrong with trying to pinch a few pennies!

Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Reusable Dryer "Sheets"


I have loved my homemade laundry soap and fabric softener so much that I wanted to complete the trifecta. So I researched a few homemade dryer sheet ideas and found this one I like.

1. Buy your favorite fabric softener and pour into a large container or bucket.
2. Full the fabric softener container twice with water and pour into larger container.
3. Buy a few sponges and cut in half. Place in container.
4. When needed take one sponge out and squeeze excess out. Pop in the dryer and that's it!

I uses Snuggle because it was on sale and I had a coupon. I also bought the Scott Green Sponges because I like that they are made from natural and recyclable material, plus they were on sale. I used a 6qt plastic container with a snap close lid. You could also go to your local grocery store and ask the bakery for a old frosting bucket. By only using a little bit on each sponge this will last for a long time. Plus you won't have those pesky wasteful dryer sheets showing up in random places in your house. All in all this cost me about $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment